Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SOME GOALS FOR TWENTY-TWELVE


Here are some goals I have for the year twenty-twelve (I could just type 2012, but I like the way twenty-twelve looks better)...

EXERCISE REGULARLY.
What that looks like? I don't know. I tend to have very high ambitions and confidence in my ability to do this, but when actually comes down to it, I have NO self-discipline whatsoever. So we'll see how this one goes...

EAT HEALTHY.
I already eat a lot of healthy food and not too much junkfood, but my weaknesses are dessert and portion control. Currently I am curbing my dessert cravings with a couple dark chocolate peanut butter cups (they're like Reeses on steroids) or some dark chocolate covered almonds (also amazing. Both are from Trader Joes, of course). Might not seem like much progress, but trust me, it's much better than regularly eating bowls of cookie dough and ice cream. And by regularly I mean every night.

TAKE STEPS TOWARDS DREAM CAREER.
I'm currently attempting to sign up for an abnormal psych class, which is a pre-requisite for applying to grad school for an MFT (marriage and family therapy). I also want to information interview (I feel like a high school kid saying that) a certain psychologist.

COOK MORE OFTEN.
Cooking has become a favorite hobby of mine. I don't always make the time to do it, but when I do I have so much fun. I love cooking for other people, however I tend to cook more for my own satisfaction, because my husband tends to be rather skeptical of most dishes I make that contain any healthy foods whatsoever. I think broccoli, asparagus, and any form of meat may be the only exceptions. It's a good thing I love him so much.

POST MORE ON THIS BLOG ABOUT WHAT I COOK.
It will be like embracing my inner Julia Child and I will have a virtual record of everything I've cooked! No more searching around for printed out recipes.

MAKE MORE TIME FOR REGULAR TIME WITH GOD.
I think that's always one. I have some serious issues with self-discipline.

BE A BETTER FRIEND.
Be intentional about going out of my way to make people around me feel loved.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment