Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I am convinced that I am always two steps ahead of everything in my head. I am not talking preparedness, although that is a handy part of being "futuristic", as Strengthsquest would say I am. I am talking like, for the last 2 years I've been obsessing over weddings. Now I am transitioning (don't worry, I will always obsess over a good wedding) into home decor. As in someday, in the not-too-distant future, my lifelong wish will come true. I will have my very OWN place to decorate! When I come to think about it, I have ALWAYS been waiting for that day to come. I was the jr. higher that wanted to be an interior designer. As you can imagine, I'm a little excited.

My newest love and obsession is Pinterest. Have you heard of it? Checked it out? It has filled a need in my online life that I didn't even know I had (I know, online life? what a nerd!). It allows me to very easily collect images online that I love, and then archive and categorize them. You can share them, and people can repin your pins. I'm probably not making much sense, but let's just say that I truly believe it will be the next Facebook, especially with creative people that love sharing a good image. My favorite part is that it's SUPER easy to use. And it's allowed me to easily gather images as inspiration for home decor. I've always loved creating a good space that relaxes and inspires people. The space around us completely affects our mood, and is such a great way to reflect who we are.

So along with loving all this stuff, I am also very indecisive, which makes choosing stuff a bit of a problem. But I've finally come to a color palette and style that I am loving. So drumroll please....


I have always been a clean and simple kind of girl at heart. Try as I may, I can never seem to stray too far from a good, clean look. I love spaces that use lots of whites and natural colors and textures, and then incorporate some bright pops of color to liven up the space. This seems functional to me too, as you can always switch out your pops of color with new colors or patterns.Here are a few pieces I am loving.















Source Urban Outfitters







Source: etsy.com via Katie on Pinterest



Source etsy.com




No comments:

Post a Comment