Thursday, July 7, 2011

Drowning in Wedding Details

I have not posted in ages. I have been so crazy busy with wedding planning, work, etc. Right now I feel slightly like I'm drowning in things I need to do/figure out for the wedding, which is my own fault for planning the whole thing. But I know with a lot of hard-work, focus, and the help of family and friends, it will all get taken care of. If you know me, you know that I LOVE planning the vision of what I want my wedding to look like. The design, the decor details, the theme, the favors, etc. Now i feel like I'm stuck in all the not-so-fun logistical details of making sure everything goes smoothly (technical stuff, getting help with transportation, set-up, break-down, etc.) But I have to remember that there's only so much I can do- I can plan what I want, try to do my best to create my vision, but at some point I will have to let go of it all so that I can enjoy what is really important- getting married to my best friend and the love of my life! (Transition from event planner mindset to Bride mindset)

As you may know, the "theme phrase" of our wedding is: "We're Tying The Knot!" We felt that a somewhat vintage nautical theme with knots felt appropriate with the location of our wedding and where we met (by the ocean in San Diego). Recently came across this knot that will be incorporated in the wedding.It's tied with two separate pieces of string.

True Lovers Knot:
a complicated ornamenta
l knot not readily untied and symbolic of mutual love —called also truelove knot.

I am just so excited to get to be with all our favorite people, in what is probably my favorite place, celebrating such an exciting, sacred thing!

Here is a sneak peek of the "feel" of the wedding...

No comments:

Post a Comment