Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Entering an Attitude of Gratitude

It's been awhile since I've posted something. I've been pretty busy with work and whatnot lately. I was thinking yesterday, after talking with my best friend about life and our outlooks on life. I thought about how the last few years when Thanksgiving rolls around, I never feel like I fully spend enough time focusing on what I'm grateful for in my life. I think that we ought to be continually and daily living a life of gratitude, but it's far too easy to get caught up in the "busy-ness" of our lives and dwell on the things in our life that aren't the way we want them to be. I think this affects our outlook on life and gets in the way of the peace and joy that God has intended for our lives. At least I know this can be true for me.

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."
-Colossians 2:6 & 7

I've decided that every day for the rest of the month I am going to think about one thing that I really, truly grateful for in my life. Hopefully this way I can enter into a mindset of gratitude as this year's Thanksgiving approaches, and develop an attitude that hopefully lasts much longer than that. I want to overflow with thankfulness. I would encourage anyone else to do this as well. Let's give thanks to the Lord where thanks is due, and let in the peace and joy that God has in store for our lives.

I'll share today's thought with you. I am so grateful to be working in a place that I enjoy working, with people that are enjoyable to work with, and that allows me to have a flexible schedule. It feels good to know that even though I'm doing 5 million minor things, I am working with a group of people that are working to create a community that seeks and glorifies God. Here's a picture of the people I work with :)


No comments:

Post a Comment