Monday, February 6, 2012

CURRENTLY READING...

The past week I have been craving the sun. Maybe my body is in need of some vitamin D, or maybe it's because I got a really cute new swimsuit. Either way, I was quite happy that it was warm enough to lay by the pool this past weekend.

I started reading the book "Under the Tuscan Sun", since it's one of my favorite movies, and I was ready for some light reading. So far it's pretty different than the movie, but it does what the movie also does beautifully: capture the wonderful feel of Italy (or what I imagine Italy is like) through wonderful descriptions of the simple joys in life. It's about a woman that buys and restores a villa in Italy. My description doesn't do it much justice, but trust me, if you're looking for a pleasure read, it's a good one. It makes me want to travel to places with rich history, eat lots of italian food, buy and restore a villa of my own, and grow my own produce.

I found it entertaining that the villa she buys is Villa Bramasole. The book explains that "brama" means to yearn for, and "sole" means sun. In other words, to yearn for the sun.

If you don't feel like reading it (or even if you do), enjoy the movie (it came out in 2003, so don't look in the new release section).

No comments:

Post a Comment